SUPER SHARP FILLET KNIFE: The extremely sharp blade allows you to maneuver the knife easily. It can carve nicely, which is great to use for filter and skinning fish and meat. Excellent butcher’s boning knife for restaurants or homes.
HIGH QUALITY & HIGH CARBON STAINLESS STEEL: Worry less about cleaning this chef’s knife, as it will not chip in after washings. It contains high carbon content stainless steel that gives the blade additional sharpness that is a perfect kitchen buddy.
COMFORTABLE TO USE: A skinning knife with an ergonomic handle that is very comfortable to use for trimming and skinning fish and meat. Measures 6-inch kitchen knife which gives maximum comfort in the hand. Very portable that is best for everyday use.
20 in stock (can be backordered)
Model: A-120CBF (OEM)
EXTREMELY SHARP BLADE – A-120CBF Use A High Quality, High Carbon Content Stainless Steel That Not Only Gives The Blade Additional Strength And Sharpness But Also Makes It Highly Corrosion Resistant. This Japanese Style 6-Inch Chefs Boning Kitchen Knife Is Perfect For Everyday Use
ERGONOMIC HANDLE – This is an extremely sharp high-quality everyday Boning knife with an ergonomically designed subtly curved wood handle allowing a solid grip and maximum comfort while cutting, thus eliminating tiresome unnecessary aches and pains to the wrist and forearm
ANTI-CORROSION – Due to the high Carbon content, this Boning Knife is corrosion resistant, so a simple wipe with a cloth is all you need to bring this Knife back to life. The Damascus knife pattern is laser etched giving the knife a simply stunning appearance.
• Let’s understand stainless. Stainless is just that. StainLESS, not stain-free! All steel will rust if given the chance. Chromium is added to steel to help in rust resistance.
• For steel to be categorized as stainless it must contain at least 13% chromium.
7Cr17MoV steel contains between 16% and 18% chromium and is quite stain resistant.
• 7Cr17MoV stainless steel has .60% to .75% carbon content and if heat treated properly should be able to attain a hardness of 57 to 59HRC.
• Bottom line: 7Cr17MoV steel makes the blade lightweight and extremely sharp.
• If you go looking for a Pakka tree you won’t find one.
• Pakka wood is constructed using phenolic-impregnated layers of hardwood veneer, often dyed, combined with plastic resins.
• The dye is impregnated into the wood using a vacuum process, and then the resin is added using a very high-pressure environment.
• The material is then shaped and polished.
• It is a highly waterproof, very dense, and durable material.
• Pakka wood is a good choice for knife handle material.
• This blade is stamped and the bolster is welded to the blade and then ground down to make the transition into the blade.
• Contrary to popular belief there is nothing wrong or substandard with blades that are stamped.
• Most mainstream knives are stamped.
• The purpose of forging is to compact the grain structure in steel to make it denser, but with the advent of modern alloys, forging is really no longer necessary.
• The Tang is a “rat tail” or “stick” tang using a rod that is welded to the bolster and extends through the handle and attached to the butt plate.
• The weight of the knife is 149 grams.
• The spine of the blade is 2.0 mm thick as it leaves the bolster and starts to taper 1/4th of the way down the blade all the way to the tip.
• This is not a thick blade and should be a nimble performer as opposed to a thicker German-style brute force blade.
• The length of the blade is 6 inches and allows for adequate cutting board/knuckle clearance.
• A great everyday Boning Knife ideal for larger cutting tasks.
About Crmo/CrMov Series
Also called Chinese stainless steel but they also make this type of steel in America. Chinese knife manufacturers use them and the steel manufacturers are mostly original equipment manufacturers (OEM). Experimenting with a few knives of this series and we have to say that we are impressed by their quality as compared to VG10, AUS10, German Steel, and Stainless Steel. Just like the AUS and VG series they have different types of Crmo/Crmov:
• 3Cr13 = 52 HRC: cheaply made in China knives.
• 4Cr13 (Stainless Steel) = 55 to 57 HRC Mostly used for Chinese Bone Cleavers.
• 4Cr14MoV = 55 to 57 HRC good enough to make kitchen knives, claimed to be 55 HRC.
• 7Cr17MoV = 55 to 59 HRC. Increases strength, wear resistance, and increased toughness claimed to be 55HRC.
• 8Cr13MoV & 8Cr14MoV = 58HRC Similar to AUS 8 Japanese Steel. This has wear resistance, and toughness, and is easy to sharpen if it is similar to AUS 8.
• 9Cr18MoV = Low-cost high corrosion resistance stainless steel should be 58 HRC.
• 10Cr15CoMoV Also called the Chinese VG10 = 60-62 HRC: Claimed to be 60HRC. This steel type is still unknown and only China uses it and they claim that it is the same as VG10 Takefu stainless steel which has good wear resistance and rust resistance.
7Cr17MoV steel is a Chinese GB standard Martensitic stainless steel grade produced by adding a small amount of molybdenum (Mo) and vanadium (V) to 7Cr17 to improve hardness and wear resistance. Similar international steel grades are US AISI 440A and Japanese SUS 440A. Mainly used for making high-hardness, high-wearing medium and high-grade knife and scissors products and medical equipment.
What’s in the box: 1 x Knife
Total Length: 27.5cm
Boxed: 35.5cm X 6.8cm X 3.0cm
PRODUCT WEIGHT: Approx. 146 g
BOXED WEIGHT: Approx. 360 g
WARRANTY: 1 Month
STANDARD: Chinese GB standard Martensitic stainless steel grade
|Dimensions||35.5 × 6.8 × 3.0 cm|
Delivery of your order may vary between 3 – 5 business days (W.Malaysia) and 10 – 15 business days (E.Malaysia) after the order has been placed successfully and payment has been confirmed. All delivery times quoted are mere estimates based on availability and normal processing of the delivery company responsible to deliver your products to you.
Orders that need to be shipped to Singapore will take additional time, it usually takes 7 - 14 business days subject to the mode of transportation.
We will use our best endeavors to deliver your order to you as soon as practicable. In this shopping mode, your orders will only be shipped within 4 weeks. Please note that there will be a delay in processing your order during this Chinese New Year period.
No account yet?Create an Account